Campaign Video

Https://youtu.be/zBxbnuPAazE

Wednesday, 5 August 2026

Priorities- macro and local




Rideau-Rockcliffe Priority Issues Analysis
Ottawa Municipal Election 2026 • Ward 13

Rideau-Rockcliffe Key Issues Priority Analysis

Strategic Campaign Context: Public narrative in Ward 13 often fixates on immediate hyper-local friction points (traffic speed, tree canopy, specific infill developments). However, long-term civic health requires addressing structural economic realities alongside day-to-day municipal concerns. Effective leadership must bridge both perspectives.

Ranked Priority Issues (Macro-Economic & Hyper-Local Integration)
  1. Socioeconomic Inequality & Municipal Tax Base Sustainability
    Ward 13 contains one of Ottawa's starkest economic divides—stretching from affluent heritage pockets to historically under-resourced corridors.
    Macro-Economic Reality Structural poverty, municipal property tax base pressure, long-term commercial tax displacement, and capital budget constraints for affordable housing expansion.
    Hyper-Local Focus Food bank funding in Overbrook, supportive housing proposals on Montreal Road, and localized commercial revitalization along key main streets.
  2. Public Transit Network Viability vs. Neighborhood Mobility
    Ensuring public transit operates as a reliable economic driver while addressing localized traffic safety.
    Macro-Economic Reality OC Transpo's structural operational deficit, regional workforce transit connectivity, and capital fleet electrification choices.
    Hyper-Local Focus Route 15 and 27 bus cancellation rates, speed humps, active transportation safety along St. Laurent Blvd, Beechwood Ave, and Hemlock Rd.
  3. Housing Supply Economics & Infill Built Heritage
    Balancing the provincial and city-wide mandate for aggressive housing construction with community character.
    Macro-Economic Reality Interest rates, provincial Official Plan density targets, development charge structures, and city-wide housing supply deficits.
    Hyper-Local Focus Low-rise infill height limits, heritage protection in Rockcliffe/New Edinburgh, and modern design integration at Wateridge Village.
  4. Social Infrastructure Funding & Localized Public Safety
    Addressing community safety through balanced police funding and community support services.
    Macro-Economic Reality Ottawa Police Service budget allocation vs. alternative emergency response funding, mental health service delivery models, and broader systemic healthcare gaps.
    Hyper-Local Focus Localized property crime, community health hubs, youth programming availability, and non-policing crisis response in high-density corridors.
  5. Capital Infrastructure Renewal & Environmental Resilience
    Maintaining aging municipal assets against accelerating climate impacts.
    Macro-Economic Reality Multi-billion dollar city infrastructure deficit, stormwater mitigation investment, and climate adaptation financing.
    Hyper-Local Focus Urban tree canopy preservation, salt management on local roadways, and maintenance of riverfront corridors like the Rideau Winter Trail.

2 comments:

  1. Do better. Build more homes - NOT JUST new zoning bylaw and associated fee cuts.
    DITCH the triplex NIMBYism,

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I support the new east end crossing

    2. I advocate for sensible public washroom strategy

    3. I am advocating for animation of the JetForm Park

    4. I am advocating for true open data

    5. I am advocating for increased use of Artificial Intelligence

    6. I am advocating for physical seperation in bike routes

    7. We are different candidates, I offer different skills and abilities. I am a professional project manager and administrator. King is a pandering communicator.

    8. If elected I will not run again. I want to get in and get stuff done, then get out.

    9. Get those 18 wheelers out of the downtown.

    10. Noise control

    11. Road repair.

    12. North South cohesion

    ReplyDelete