Campaign Video

Https://youtu.be/zBxbnuPAazE

Wednesday 6 March 2019

There is hope when there is faith no matter the belief

Here is a true story, one that I have shared before. I do this because I recognize the presence of very many communities of worship within our Ward and the importance of these communities to the fabric of the larger community of Rideau Rockcliffe.

My sister died at 42 from pancreatic cancer. She left behind a grieving husband and three young  children under eight years of age. I was with her at the hospital when she drew her last breath.

Years afterwards she appeared to me in a lucid dream reassuring me that the dead are with us, all around us if we have the eyes to see them and that a wonderful future awaits us...and ecstatically I awoke.

I never had that dream again or anything remotely like it since. It made me understand that there is something greater than ourselves in this world without knowing what exactly or how.

I say this to my friends and neighbors that reach out in faith and in religion.  I understand the strength and comfort that stems from spiritual experience and support all your efforts to try and make the world a better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment