Campaign Video

Https://youtu.be/zBxbnuPAazE

Monday 4 March 2019

Rogers TV transcript And Campaign Video

I am Peter Karwacki, running to replace Tobi Nussbaum as councillor in Rideau Rockcliffe.  

There are 17 candidates running and I am but one of them and so I have been going door to door to try to stand out by drawing people to my platform blog: PeterKarwacki.blogspot.com.

I give folks my contact details and remind them of the vote on April 15th, inviting them to write me and ask their questions or raise their concerns.

I voted for Tobi like about 80% of you that voted - that is about 37% that were eligible to vote, a very low level of voter engagement.  Voter engagement may be viewed as an issue in the ward. 

 I  want to carry on the good work he was trying to do and I would like a similar level of support to Tobi Nussbaum, any politician would.

He wanted to slow down traffic, improve cycling infrastructure, he wanted to make transit affordable and make housing available especially for families and individuals least able to afford it.

Most importantly, Tobi wanted to hold senior officials at city hall accountable for their decisions. 

How then was a highly educated lawyer, with a Master’s degree in Public Administration from Harvard, a trilingual UN diplomat, soccer coach and a real nice guy kept off all important committees of council? What would it take to be successful at city Hall if he was held back?

As I said I want to ensure that my platform gets carried forward. While I am not the man Tobi Nussbaum is I do bring some things to the table that might make the difference.  

I recognize that you need to be a team player but I am not a career politician and I know that sometimes being nice will simply not work. Half the time people will disagree with you for their own very good reasons. You need to be direct, you need to make deals and you need to be forceful.

 I am frank in my approach and I can be quite direct in demanding answers to tough questions needed to hold our senior officials to account for their decisions.  I can stand toe to toe with the professionals and not take no for an answer.

 I have the necessary experience not to be bamboozled by flim-flam answers. I have spent hours around board tables and I know that gaining consensus requires work.  I have your best interests at heart and I will speak for Rideau Rockcliffe families, their children, their pets included.

I have campaigned across the ward and I recognize that what is good for Rockcliffe would be difficult to achieve in the South east of the ward.  Instead, the common threads that will bind us must be shared morals and values and the common vision that stems from that. 

People need a helping hand, not handouts, they need a decent place to live, access to nutritious food and fair access to our city’s amenities based on their ability to pay.

On April 15, please vote for me, Peter Karwacki




And finally here are all the candidates making their pitch on Rogers TV, presented here with thanks to RogersTV for your convenience. Please vote, vote wisely for the good of Rideau Rockcliffe.



No comments:

Post a Comment