Are you looking for Horizon Ottawa’s support?
Not particularly. They align with my platform but I will not pander to them.
Any beefs with Rawlson King’s voting record?
Kings pandering is annoying. He voted against sidewalks.
The big issue? Trucks downtown. He is strangely against the east end crossing proposal. I am a proponent.
There are other matters.
King is largely ineffective on council. His biggest asset apparently is that he is a black person.
I am white so that is awkward.
..but I am not going to shy away from that.
Any thoughts on who’d make the best mayor?
Neil is my guy.
Regarding Horizon Ottawa
It is a progressive, municipal-focused grassroots organization (and incorporated not-for-profit) dedicated to advocating for socially and economically progressive policies at the City of Ottawa level.
I certainly cannot argue about that
Its stated mission is “to cultivate local solidarity around socially and economically progressive priorities so that Ottawa can become a city where everyone can thrive.”
This is uncontestable.
In practice, the “point” of the group is to build community power, influence local elections and decision-making, and push the city toward priorities such as:
Stronger public transit (e.g., major bus fleet expansion campaigns demanding service levels based on population growth rather than current ridership).
Affordable and inclusive housing / “better urbanism” (increased density, walkability, mixed-use development, fighting urban sprawl).
Environmental protection and climate action, with emphasis on the needs of marginalized communities.
Greater public ownership/control of infrastructure and services (opposing privatization trends).
Reducing developer influence at City Hall.
Inclusion, equity, anti-oppression work, and meaningful reconciliation with Indigenous peoples.
More democratic and transparent municipal decision-making (less centralized power in the mayor’s office and senior bureaucracy).
If you check my blog I am in alignment.
Craig's ward rideau-rockcliffe history lesson
https://bellscorners.wordpress.com/rideau-rockcliffe-by-election-apr-15-2019/
This time around, inform yourselves, vote differently, vote wisely. Vote for Peter Karwacki for Rideau Rockcliffe.





The History lesson accumulated by Craug MacCauley https://bellscorners.wordpress.com/rideau-rockcliffe-by-election-apr-15-2019/
ReplyDelete